If you are reading a message conversation and receive a new message in the conversation, your phone will not play a ringtone or vibrate.
If there are any unread messages or missed calls, the indicator will blink after the screen is turned off.
For other cases where your HUAWEI P9 phone does not display any notifications, perform the following steps:
- Touch Settings > Sound and turn off Silent mode.
- Touch Settings > Notification panel & status bar > Notification center > Messaging and turn on Allow notifications.
- Touch Settings > Sound and turn on Indicator light.
- Touch Settings > Do not disturb and turn off Do not disturb.
- Touch Settings > Sound and make sure a ringtone or audio file, instead of the None option, is selected for incoming calls and notifications.