1.Using the Backup application to transfer data
Use the Backup application to transfer data from your old phone to your new HUAWEI P9 Phone.Features may vary depending on your carrier.
Backing up data to a microSD card
You can back up data on your old phone to a microSD card. For more information on inserting or removing a microSD card, see Inserting a SIM card and microSD card.
Date that can be backed up: contacts, messages, call log, photos, audio, videos, files, and applications.
1. Open Backup.
2. Touch Backup > SD card > Next.
3. Select the data you want to back up. No backup password is required if you back up photos,audio, videos, and documents. To back up other types of data, follow the onscreen instructions to set a backup password.
4. Touch Back up.
Restoring data from a microSD card
1. Insert the microSD card containing the backup files into your new phone.
2. Open Backup.
3. Touch Restore > Restore from SD card > Next.
4. Select the backup you want to restore.If the backup data is encrypted, enter the encryption password when prompted.
5. Select the data you want to restore, and then touch Start restoration.
2.Transferring data between your phone and a computer
Transfer the data on your old phone to your computer, and then transfer it to your new phone HUAWEI P9.
Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable. Select Photos or Files. Your computer will automatically install any necessary drivers. Once installed, double-click on the new disk drive to manage files. The drive name should be your phone’s model number.
• Photos: View photos that are stored on your HUAWEI P9 Mobile Phone.
• Files: Transfer files between your phone and a computer.
• If no connection type is specified, your phone will remain in charging mode.
Copying contacts from an old phone to a new phone
Use any of the following methods to copy contacts from your old phone to your new phone.
SIM card:Use the SIM import feature to copy SIM card contacts to your new phone.
Storage device:If both phones have a microSD slot, export your contacts to a microSD card in vCard format on the old phone, and then copy the contacts to the new phone.
Bluetooth:Enable Bluetooth on both your old and new phones, and import your contacts using Bluetooth.
Backup:If your old phone supports Backup, back up your contacts, and restore them to your new phone.
Computer:Sync contacts on your old phone to a computer, and then sync these to a new phone using a phone management application (such as HiSuite).
•Install social networking applications and synchronize your contacts.
•Log in to your Exchange account and synchronize your contacts.